Alexander Technique Austria
"You translate everything, whether physical, mental or spiritual, into muscular tension."
F. M. Alexander
Who stands to benefit from the AT?
The AT supports people in learning to move with greater ease and efficiency. This has comprehensive effects on general wellbeing.
Anyone can benefit from the AT, but it is especially recommended for
- those who suffer from or wish to prevent complaints resulting from poor posture and troubles of the musculoskeletal system, such as back pain, shoulder pain, headaches, excess muscular tension and circulatory problems insofar as these result from a less than ideal "use of ourselves";
- those who suffer from psychosomatic problems connected to their body image (e.g. Bulimia, Anorexia, Obesity, Neurodermatitis, Colitis). Here the AT can promote a healthy body image and a more reliable kinaesthetic self-awareness;
- those who wish to cope better with the physical demands of their profession and who wish to use their body with greater self-awareness and care;
- those whose work or hobby demands high levels of physical co-ordination, such as performing artists or athletes;
- pregnant women, who have to adapt their movements to physical changes, such as weight gain and a shift in the centre of gravity;
- people who frequently appear in public and who crucially depend on an efficient use of their self and their voice.
Long term, the AT promotes improvements in the condition of both healthy individuals as well as those with impaired physical or mental health. It is therefore equally suitable as support and complement to medical treatment and as a preventive measure to maintain and promote well being.
at.at - Alexander Technique Austria, c/o Peter Fuchs, Schratzstraße 5, A - 4040 Linz